What is ozone?
What is ozone? Ozone (O³) is a gas composed of 3 oxygen atoms combined in a ring. Ozone itself is a blue coloured gas, which has a distinct odour, and is about one and a half times heavier than air. When it is under pressure, it is an unstable gas that decomposes readily into molecular oxygen.
Ozone molecules wipe out unwanted odours and render the air clean and fresh before reverting back to oxygen. Ozone is created in nature during a thunderstorm, but it cannot be stored - for deoderising and anti-bacterial applications it must be physically generated on site. Ozone is the world's second most powerful steriliser and is highly effective at destroying viruses, bacteria and odours.
It is most likely that you will have heard ozone mentioned in relation to the ozone layer, where it is created by the ultra violet rays from the sun when a wavelength of 254 nm (nanometres) hits oxygen atoms.
All of our ozone generators work by drawing in air, passing it through an electrical charge and then the air that is released becomes oxygen enriched (O² becomes O³). The extra Oxygen finds anything foreign in the air and destroys it, during this the extra Oxygen is destroyed as well leaving the air cleaned and fresh!
This process is invisible to the eye and can take just a few minutes.
- The Ozone compound is produced when the air purifier is turned on.
- Ozone then interacts with any contaminants or pollutants it comes into contact with in the air.
- Ozone eliminates said contaminants, neutralising itself in the process.
- When Ozone is used in this way to remove bad odours, Oxygen is left behind as a bi-product.
- The bad odour is eliminated and replaced with the neutral fresh air smell, a smell which has been likened to that of the scent which occurs after a thunderstorm.
Benefits of ozone
Our ozone generates effectively remove:
- the smell of cooking, such as fried fish and curry, permanently.
- unpleasant odours from childrens trainers.
- smells from cats and dogs, it can be used to freshen up their bedding with Ozone.
- cigarette smells from curtains, upholstery and from a room filled with smoke.
- paint smells after decorating.
- the spores that cause mold.
- the smell of dead vermin such as decaying rodents.
- the smell of urine from toilets and other areas.
Example applications of ozone
- Homes Estate
- Agents offices
- Laundry areas
- Photo labs
- Water damaged properties
- Printing businesses
- Odour clean-up
- Working/sleeping areas
- Carpet cleaning
- Nursing Homes
- Seafood display areas
- Produce areas
- Day care centres
- All types of offices
- Changing rooms
- Locker rooms
- Food service areas
- Community rooms
- Smoking areas
- Hotel rooms
- High pollen environments
- High chemical environments
Ozone smells just like a lightening storm
The best way to describe what our Ozone Generators smell like is quite simply put like the smell you get after a thunder storm. The process is exactly the same as nature during a storm; when the lightening charges the air, we are just replicating that process using electricity from the mains in a very controlled way.
Remember the last thunder storm you saw and walked outside and took a deep breath? Wasn't the smell wonderful and you just wanted more to fill your lungs because you don't know when you would get this freshness again? Luckily now you can whenever you switch on your ozone generator.
All our Ozone Generators have been Approved!
Other names for ozone
Ozone is also known by the following names:
- Triatomic Oxygen
- Activated Oxgygen
Example uses of ozone by customers
- An ironing and washing service customer uses Ozofresh air purifiers to make the clothes recently cleaned and ironed to smell even fresher!
- We have a landlord customer who uses the "Corona" machine in his "buy to let" properties. When a tenant moves out and the painters move in, Ozofresh machines are use to remove the smell of paint as well as any other smells left by the previous tenants.
- We have supplied a number of hotels with Ozofresh air purifiers to help as part of the room cleaning service, where there have been parties and the need to remove the smell of vomit and stale drink, cigarettes and anything else unpleasant.
- We have farmer clients that use the "duct Ozofresh machine" to remove those very strong smells from chickens!
- A Gym owner has damp problems in the shower rooms and unpleasant smells in the toilets. He uses our "Continental" air purifiers in both areas, eradicating the damp problem and keeping the any smells at bay.
"The ozone plug-in is certainly much more effective in keeping the air clear..."
David Howell, Director of Operations - North East Business & Innovation Centre
"I appreciated your help in choosing the correct products for my company's particular..."
Mark Edney, Ashwell Lodge
More testimonials >>
All ozone generators
MADE IN THE UK